Careers in Youth & Family Services
We’re looking for employees who have a commitment to young people and want to equip them to achieve their hopes and dreams.
LSS Youth & Family Services employees support the healthy development of youth, provide supportive shelter and housing options for youth who are experiencing or at-risk of homelessness, work to restore and strengthen families and support young people on a path to success.
Here you can have fun and put your values to work every day. Great career opportunities are available statewide.
View All Open Jobs
Why Join the LSS Youth & Family Services Team:
- Flexible schedules.
- Paid training.
- Supportive teams and managers with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Opportunities to advance and grow your career.
- Retirement savings — employer match.
- Product and service discounts.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance options.
- Competitive salaries and benefits package.
- Supportive teams and managers.
LSS’ Anti-Racism & Social Justice Stand
In the Youth & Family Services, we promote the LSS’ Anti-Racism & Social Justice Stand by:
- Supporting employee participation in Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that provide a space for mutual support and advocacy. Current ERGs include the Pan African ERG and the LGBTQIA2+ ERG.
- Promoting learning and reflection to foster an anti-racist lens.
- Valuing the input and perspectives of the youth and families we serve and the wisdom of people with lived experience.
- Tracking data on how our services impact Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) youth and families.
- Advancing efforts to hire and retain employees who accurately reflect the communities represented by the youth and families we serve.
What Sets LSS Apart?
Our employee vision is for all employees to have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives. We’re proud to be named a Star Tribune 2022 Top Workplace in Minnesota — a special designation recognizing organizations whose employees give them high marks as a great place to work.
The services of Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota are available to all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age.