Volunteer with Us
Join us to make a difference in your community! By sharing your time and talents, you can inspire hope, change lives and build community.
Our work statewide is all about caring for our neighbors. It is about volunteers like you — dedicated to being active citizens in the community and willing to support others. Volunteers allow LSS to touch the lives of 1 in 65 Minnesotans each year. Nearly 10,000 LSS volunteers contribute each year across Minnesota.
LSS will continue to be a leader in offering extraordinary responses to our neighbors. We will update this page with the ways that you can support our work. Whether through volunteerism, donations, notes of encouragement or prayers for healing, we hope that you will join us in caring for our neighbors.
See our COVID-19 volunteer protocol for more on our response and guidance on how to stay safe and protect those we serve as you volunteer.
Ways to Volunteer
At LSS, there are many meaningful ways to share your time. Our volunteer opportunities vary throughout the state, and you can search for opportunities by area, service, time commitment and more.
Search for volunteer opportunities
In addition, we offer “God’s work. Our hands.” service projects for congregations each year.
Why Volunteer with LSS
- Many unique opportunities are available statewide
- Give back to others and help change lives
- Spend your time doing something rewarding
- Be a positive role model
- Transform your community
- Team building with your group
- Learn skills, share your talents, and build your resume
- Meet new people
- Have fun!
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Make an in-kind donation of goods
- Host a donation drive — Groups can run a drive to benefit LSS. If you run a drive, please be sure to track your volunteer hours for the project. To us, your volunteer time matters regardless if you were at our site or not.
- Explore internship opportunities
- Make a financial donation
- Become an advocate for changing lives