Park Avenue Apartments in Minneapolis
Park Avenue Apartments, built in 2008, features five stories, two elevators, underground parking and 48 apartment units. Thirty-eight of the units are for households earning up to 50-60% of area median income with the remaining 10 apartments offered to households experiencing long-term homelessness.
The larger four-bedroom units feature a ground entrance, townhome-style, with two levels of living space. The one-, two- and three- bedroom units are designed as flats and are located on floors three through five.
|Description||Quantity||Rental Amount||Average Square Footage|
|One Bedroom||9||$473 - $681||635|
|Two Bedroom||15||$788 - $803||890|
|Three Bedroom||20||$868 - $918||1251|
|Four Bedroom||4||$986 - $1,011||1566|
Park Avenue Apartments were constructed using various sustainable methods and includes a variety of green features that benefit both the residents and surrounding community. Park Avenue Apartments holds a Silver LEED certification.
- Urban site helps residents utilize public transportation
- Secure bicycle storage encourages healthier transportation methods
- Underground parking creates a more walkable site and reduces heat island effect
- Preferred parking is available for fuel-efficient vehicles
- Approximately 65% of all construction and demolition materials were recycled
- Water and energy conserving fixtures and appliances
- Low-impact native and adaptive landscape
- Management of storm water and rain gardens and drywells
- Low or no VOC paints, sealants, adhesives and finishes
- Limited or no carpeting
Tenant Selection Criteria
- Family size: No more than 2 people per bedroom
- Income: Must fall within the established income guidelines as determined by HUD on an annual basis.
- Criminal history: All adult applicants will be screened for criminal history. Conviction for crimes of physical violence, property damage, theft, drug-related offenses, sexual offenses or any other act that would be detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of other residents or their peaceful occupancy of the premises will be grounds for denial.
- Credit: Good credit or no credit history.
- Rental history: Applicants cannot have more than one UD in the last three years or owe money to their current or previous landlord(s).