/ Refugee Services /

LSS Immigration Legal Services

Worker teaching a refugee about legal services.

Legal Services on Immigration Issues

We offer Immigration Legal Services for a nominal fee to help refugees, asylees and other immigrants living in the Twin Cities and St. Cloud complete immigration documents – including Permanent Resident, Naturalization, Employment Authorization, and family visa applications.

Due to Covid-19, LSS Refugee Services provides free consultation and screening services by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact Refugee.Services@lssmn.org.

Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota and our staff representatives are accredited by the Department of Justice to provide legal advice and legal services on immigration issues.

We can help with the following forms:

 Form Name

Form ID


Alien Address Change AR-11 Notify Citizenship and Immigration Services of a new address.
Fiancé Visa application I-129f Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request

G-639 Access information under the Freedom of Information Act.
Application for Replacement of Arrival/Departure Document I-102 Replace a lost, stolen, incorrect or expired I-94 card.
Travel Document I-131 Required for non-U.S. Citizens who wish to travel abroad.
Adjustment of Status Form I-485 For refugees or asylees 14 years or older to become a permanent resident. Children under the age of 14 may file under a parent.
Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition I-730 Petition refugee/asylee status for a spouse and/or unmarried children.
Employment Authorization Document Application I-765 Document permission to work in the USA.
Replacement Permanent Resident Card I-90 Replace a lost, stolen, incorrect or expired green card.
Application for Naturalization N-400 U.S. Citizenship application for adults.
Application for Certificate of Citizenship N-600 Document their status of a child's citizenship based on their parents.
Additional Copy Requests   For individuals who were resettled by LSS and require additional copies of documentation.
Application to Remove Conditions on a Green Card I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence
Application for Immediate Family Visa I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
One Step Adjustment of Status I-130, I-485, I-765 Applications for U.S. citizen to file for immediate alien relatives currently in the United States.
Application to Replace Naturalization Certificate N-565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document