Education & Support
Support and Education Groups
Our support and education groups provide a safe and empathetic space to be among people who identify and understand the joys and challenges of kinship caregiving — caring for the child of a relative or friend. Participation in these groups can be through Zoom or by phone!
Topics may include:
- Parenting in the time of COVID-19
- Understanding mental health and substance use disorders
- Improving self-care and managing stress
- Financial support and area resources
- Legal issues of kinship caregiving
- Keeping my family strong: protective factors
- Raising a child who may have experienced trauma
- Parenting with love and limits
Kinship Family Support and Education Group
First Saturday of Every Month From 10 – 11:30 a.m.
Join with other kinship caregivers — those caring for a relative's or friend's child — to receive mutual support, resources and great information during COVID-19. We want to support each other and build upon our successes!
Parenting Across Generations Group
All group sessions begin at 9:30 a.m. on Zoom.
- July 9
- July 23
- August 13
- August 27
This group provides education, information and mutual support for kinship caregivers. We will discuss thoughtful topics that can help you in your role as a kinship caregiver such as child development, relationships with adult children, understanding trauma, mental health resources and more! This group is provided in collaboration with the St. Paul ECFE Program.