Families Together Home Visiting
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a free home visiting service for children ages prenatal through five and their primary caregiver. Being a caregiver is hard work! In the first few years of a baby’s life, they are constantly exploring and learning. During this time, primary caregivers are their most important teacher and Parents as Teachers is here to help.
To learn more, please complete the Parents as Teachers Interest Form.
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve caregiving practices.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase children’s school readiness and success.
Components of Parents as Teachers
- Personal Visits: Learn about your child’s development with your own personal educator. Set goals and address parenting concerns.
- Group Connections: At least once a month, parent educators coordinate group connections so that Parents as Teachers families can meet. Share information about child development, your child’s learning and play with other families.
- Resource Network: Connect your family to valuable resources in your community.
- Child Screening: Learn about your child’s progress as a young learner.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.