Families Together Home Visiting
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a free home visiting service for children ages prenatal through five and their primary caregiver. Being a caregiver is hard work! In the first few years of a baby’s life, they are constantly exploring and learning. During this time, primary caregivers are their most important teacher and Parents as Teachers is here to help.
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve caregiving practices.
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and health issues.
- Prevent child abuse and neglect.
- Increase children’s school readiness and success.
Components of Parents as Teachers
- Personal Visits: Learn about your child’s development with your own personal educator. Set goals and address parenting concerns.
- Group Connections: At least once a month, parent educators coordinate group connections so that Parents as Teachers families can meet. Share information about child development, your child’s learning and play with other families.
- Resource Network: Connect your family to valuable resources in your community.
- Child Screening: Learn about your child’s progress as a young learner.
Interested in learning more about Parents as Teachers?
Please complete the PAT Interest Form.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.