Become a Host Home Provider
A nurturing and supportive Host Home provider offers a healthy and fulfilling family living environment for individuals with disabilities. You can give the benefits of family life by offering an individual personal attention and helping them develop social and daily living skills — while earning a professional salary.
Host Home providers are licensed adult foster care providers and subcontractors of LSS.
Role of Host Home Providers
Host Home providers work together with individuals, their families and LSS of MN to design and implement a plan for day-to-day living. With the support of an LSS Host Home coordinator, providers help individuals with:
- Social skills
- Money and budget management
- Personal hygiene tasks
- Home economic and time management skills
- Semi-independent living skills.
How We Support Providers
LSS believes strongly in providing the proper supports to ensure Host Home providers have a positive and rewarding experience. We provide our Host Home providers with:
- Specialized training on topics such as CPR/First Aid, HIPPA compliance, medication administration and more
- Support during the home licensing process and establishing a home safety plan, including fire and tornado drills
- Assistance in the matching process — developing customized profiles of you/your family, sharing your availability, setting up visits, working with the individuals’ case manager and more
- Support in implementing each individual’s customized support plan and completing required documentation
- On-going support and regular visits with a qualified support specialist
- Worry-free billing
- A percentage of federal and state waiver funding that individuals receive for their care.
- Individual, couple or family with children
- Must be 21 or older.
Host Home providers are licensed through their county’s Adult Foster Care Unit. Each county has a unique process of becoming a licensed provider.
The licensing process can take between two and six months. Once licensed, providers are eligible to subcontract under LSS’ 245D License.