Change Lives and Make a Difference by Volunteering as a Caregiver Support Volunteer
Minnesota is aging like never before, and the number of people stepping into caregiver roles to ensure the health and well-being of older adults is climbing, too.
LSS Caregiver Support & Respite Volunteers visit older adults at their homes and in the community for a few hours each week, allowing family caregivers to take a well-deserved break to run errands, rest and recharge.
By giving just a few hours of your time each week, you can change lives and have a positive impact on your community.
Due to the current pandemic, services are currently being offered via phone and video chat with limited in-person visits. Volunteer training is provided remotely with limited in-person training.
- Share your skills, meet new people, make a positive impact and have fun in the community.
- Feel the satisfaction of giving back.
- Be matched with someone who shares your interests.
- Offer older adults friendship and support.
- No prior experience required.
- Training is provided.
Get Started Today
To qualify, volunteers must:
- Have some day-time availability.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass a background check.
Complete our short interest form or call us at 866.787.9802 to learn more or to get started as a volunteer.
Questions? Call 866.787.9802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.