Energy Assistance Program
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota (LSS) Energy Assistance Program Serves Residents of Crow Wing County
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) is an important resource to help income-eligible households manage their utility bills.
Tri-County Community Action (TCC) is our partner in providing weatherization assistance. For more information on weatherization, please refer to the Minnesota Weatherization Assistance Program website.
Energy Assistance Program Facts
- Renters and homeowners are eligible.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $300 - $1,600, based on household size, income, and fuel cost
- The average grant is about $500
- In addition to the initial grant, additional crisis funds are available to:
- Help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery
- Help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced
To learn more, please contact us:
LSS Energy Assistance Program
716 E Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
Phone: 218.829.5000 | Toll Free: 800.829.5902
The Energy Assistance Program is funded by the State of Minnesota.