LSS STEAM Freedom School
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota (LSS) is hosting the LSS STEAM Freedom School© in North Minneapolis again this summer through a partnership with Children's Defense Fund (CDF). Children will have the opportunity to participate in free summer programming that builds academic skills through high-quality STEM education and summer reading activities. We have many exciting opportunities available within our school. From registering your child in Freedom School © programming to applying for one of our summer job postings, there are many ways to join the Freedom School © movement!
Learn more about Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools ©
Los Servicios Luteranas de Minnesota iniciará el LSS STEAM Freedom School en el Norte de Minneapolis. Los niños entre los grados de kínder hasta el sexto grado (K-6) están elegible para nuestra programa llamada Freedom School.
Thirty LSS STEAM Freedom School © scholars will receive a free, six-week summer program that includes all meals and transportation. Scholars who have completed kindergarten through sixth grade are eligible.
Parents are asked to attend one parent orientation and six weekly parent engagement nights while Freedom School © is in session.
- Parent engagement nights will be held each Thursday from 5 - 7:00 p.m. during the weeks while Freedom School © is in session. These engagement nights are an important requirement of the program.
June 26 - August 4, 2023
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Christ River of Life Church
2200 Freemont Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55411
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
LSS STEAM Freedom School will adhere to strict health and safety protocols, per the Center for Disease Control, to ensure each scholar, parent and staff member is safe. Protocols will be reviewed in detail at orientation.
These protocols include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing daily health screenings for scholars.
- Wearing masks.
- Washing hands and using hand sanitizer.
- Maintaining social distance.
- Cleaning community supplies and equipment immediately after use.
- Assigning scholars to designated classrooms to limit any possible exposure.