News & Events
Stay engaged with Cherish All Children by viewing our latest updates. You can also Follow us on Facebook for more news about our events and prevention work in the community.
View the full LSS events calendar for additional events.
Cherish All Children 2023 Hybrid 5K
June 9–11: Your Time and Place or walk together Sunday, June 11 starting at 11:30 a.m. at Victory Memorial Parkway
Join us for this fun event where YOU can make a significant difference in keeping children safe! Run, walk or sponsor a team member to help raise awareness and support to prevent child sexual exploitation and trafficking.
This year, head out solo or with family and friends to run or walk your own 5K (3.1 miles or about 30 blocks); or meet up with Cherish All Children’s church and community partners for a group walk at Victory Memorial Parkway (4499 Victory Memorial Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55412).
Runner or Walkers:
- Sign up to be a part of Team Cherish All Children (there’s no registration fee). To thank you for being an important member of our fundraising team, we’ll send you a 5K t-shirt or baseball cap so you can help raise awareness of Cherish All Children’s work to prevent child sexual exploitation and trafficking.
- Ask friends and family to sponsor you! They can sponsor you via our 5K fundraising page. We’ll keep track of how much money is raised in your honor.
- Participation Goal: The goal for each runner or walker is $300. For example, consider asking 10 friends to sponsor you for $30 each.
- Challenge Goal: 10 runners or walkers with donations totaling $500 or more will prompt a donor to give an additional $500 match! You can help us reach our goal of $20,000 to continue this critical work!
- Share and tag your hybrid 5K moments on your social media using #CherishAllChildren5K
Friends and Family — Sponsor a Runner or Walker:
- YOU can make a significant difference. Sponsor a runner or walker now and include who you are sponsoring! Your gift will help us reach $20,000 to keep children safe!
This event is more than a fundraiser. It’s a time to celebrate our work together and strive to have an even greater impact within our community throughout the coming year. With the significant increase in online sextortion schemes, our work with confirmation classes, youth groups and families is as important as ever. Your support will go towards translating our Safe and Healthy Relationships Youth Guide and Leader’s Guide into Spanish in order to serve our Spanish speaking congregations here in the U.S. and also our Lutheran partners in Guatemala. Your support is far-reaching, and we are so grateful!
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.207.3357.
The Minnesota Human Trafficking Task Force Quarterly Meeting
January, April, July and October 2023
Join with others across the state to learn from each other and work together to end human trafficking & sexual exploitation. Register online. Many other states and communities have human trafficking task forces joining together — we encourage you to engage with these groups in your area.
E-newsletter & Media
Read and sign up for the Cherish All Children email newsletter (5-6 issues per year), and view past media articles about our work.
Lunch & Learn: Preventing Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Youth
January was National Human Trafficking Awareness and Prevention Month. Watch our recorded session to hear how our leaders across Minnesota address what is being done to prevent exploitation and support youth, and how you can get involved.
Lunch & Learn: Safe and Healthy Relationships for Youth
View our Lunch & Learn: Safe & Healthy Relationships for Youth to learn about our Safe and Healthy Relationships guides, and how you can lead sessions in your faith community! Co-authors Deacon Erica Larson, Director of Faith Formation at Lake Nokomis Lutheran and Joy McElroy, Cherish All Children Executive Director, walk through the four-session youth and leader’s guides, equipping you to lead.
Learn more and download a copy of the Youth and Leader's Guides.