Host a Donation Drive for Crisis Nursery
Support our neighbors with a donation of goods. In-kind gifts allow us to do more for those we serve.
Please review the Donation Wish List from the Crisis Nursery in your area. Be sure items are new or gently used. For assistance finding a place to donate your items, contact Volunteer Services.
Tips for a Successful Donation Drive
- Begin by reviewing the Donation Wish Lists of LSS services in your area.
- Contact us to discuss your donation drive.
- Recruit friends and other volunteers to help you. Sharing the work can make the project more manageable and fun.
- Decide on the duration of your drive. A limited time-frame motivates donations and facilitates success. Holidays provide special opportunities for donation drives.
- Offer incentives to encourage participation. Prizes or competitions may increase excitement. Here are some ideas:
- Bring a donation and wear jeans to work.
- Every contributor receives a ribbon or sticker to wear.
- Contributor's name will be entered in a prize drawing.
- Breakfast or lunch will be provided for the group with the greatest contributions.
- Identify where donations will be collected. Include labeled boxes where items can be dropped off.
- Get the word out. Post flyers, send emails, post on social media, and publish information in your newsletter or bulletin.
- Coordinate the collection, sorting and delivery of donations. Arrange a delivery date in advance to assure staff and space are available.
- Take photos, track the number of volunteers and contributors, and have fun! Share your full story with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, thank and share results with all who participated!