Careers in Mental Health Services
We are looking for passionate Mental Health Practitioners and Professionals to make a difference in the lives of individuals, children and families and Veterans.
Mental Health Practitioner/Professional
Mental Health Practitioners/Professionals provide individual, partner, family, and group therapy and/or skills training that improve the quality of individual and family lives. You will offer services to individuals and clients representing a broad range of mental health symptoms and other identified concerns.
- Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and 2,000 hours supervised clinical experience in the delivery of clinical services. Or
- 6000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of mental health services to clients with mental illness.
- Master’s degree w/o license
- Master’s degree with provisional license
Master’s degree required and:
- LICSW (Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker) or
- LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist) or
- Licensed Psychologist (LP) or
- LPCC (Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor)
What’s in It for You: A Great Place to Work!
We’re proud to be named a 2018 Top Workplace in Minnesota – a special designation that recognizes organizations whose employees give them high marks as a great place to work.
- Committed and dedicated staff
- Flexibility – full-time and part-time opportunities
- Supportive and well-trained supervisors
- Opportunities for specialized training and professional development to maintain cutting-edge behavioral health standards
- Early childhood mental health
- Trauma informed care
- Retirement savings – employer match
- Employee loan program
- Product and Service Discounts
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance options
- Competitive salaries and benefits package
- Possible student loan repayment programs
Openings throughout Minnesota
As Minnesota’s largest nonprofit social service agency, we employee 2,300 full and part-time employees in more than 300 locations across the state of Minnesota. Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota is a faith-based organization that serves and employs people of all cultures and faith traditions.
LSS expresses the love of Christ for all people through services that inspire hope, change lives and build community.
That all people have the opportunity to live and work in community with full and abundant lives.
Employee Vision: Our employee vision is for all employees to have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.
LSS Employee Vision
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.