Caregiver Support & Respite Waiver Services
An estimated 746,000 Minnesotans provide regular care or assistance to a friend or family member who has a health challenge, a long-term illness or a disability.
Caregiving Takes a Toll
• Caregivers have higher levels of depression and are twice as likely to experience chronic illness.
• 40% of caregivers will pass away before the person they support.
• Care receivers can remain in their homes longer when their caregiver is in good health.
LSS Caregiver Services Available Through EW/AC/CADI Reimbursement
LSS Caregiver Support & Respite accepts the Elderly Waiver, the Alternative Care Waiver, and the Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver for these services, and in some cases the county also covers the cost.
Respite Care — providing short-term care services when the primary caregiver is absent or needs relief.
Caregiver Family Training & Education — offered to improve or maintain the health and wellbeing of a family caregiver, and the quality of care they provide. Evidence-based courses include:
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers Course — this six-week course focuses on the needs of the caregiver. It provides participants with the skills and confidence they need to better care for themselves while caring for others. View the LSS event calendar for upcoming dates.
- REACH Training (Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health in the Community) — this four-session training improves skills and increases knowledge for family members and friends who are caring for someone with Alzheimer’s.
Refer a Client Today
Contact Tara Giese
Call: 866.787.9802 or 218.233.7521