Student Movement to Achieve in School & Home (SMASH)
SMASH is a high-quality after school program in North Minneapolis that helps children excel in school and at home.
With a culturally-responsive curriculum, youth focus on personal development and learn about the connection between academic achievement, skill-building and future career success.
Youth have opportunities to receive support for standardized test preparation, explore college and career opportunities, learn life skills, and participate in a variety of recreational and service learning projects.
All activities are designed to help youth develop essential skills to pursue their futures with confidence.
- Inspire students to take charge of their academic success
- Connect youth to community assets and safe spaces within their neighborhood that promote well-being, future planning and building youth leadership skills
- Help youth build social and emotional intelligence, and good decision-making skills
- Support behavioral, emotional and physical health in youth
- Foster parent involvement through outreach, education and advocacy
SMASH is free and hosted at the Salem Lutheran Church on 4150 North Dupont Avenue in Minneapolis.