Programs in Schools: Empowering Students to Achieve
We work with highly-mobile students in Minneapolis public schools to help them achieve personal growth and school success. We also work with students and their families through Duluth public schools to help children with attendance issues achieve success in school and in life.
- Reduce truancy and court involvement
- Increase social and emotional skills to reduce behavioral challenges and succeed in school
- Increase parent engagement and promote self-empowerment in children
- Advocate to ensure students receive adequate educational support in school
- Increase student engagement in personal educational success
Through a program called Be At School, we partner with the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office to work with youth who are chronically truant to help them take charge of their education and succeed in school and in life. We also serve the siblings of these youth through the Youth Intervention Project.
We partner with Ramsey County to intervene early in the lives of children who have low school attendance and work with their families to address issues before concerns escalate to Child Protection Services.
Sexual health is important to the wellbeing of youth throughout their lives. Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota offers a comprehensive sexual health and teen pregnancy prevention program called Seeing and Exploring Life’s Future (SELF).