/ Youth & Young Adults /
What Can You Do?
What Can You Do?
In 10 Minutes
- NATIONAL: Add the National Human Trafficking Hotline to your phone: 1.888.373.7888 and the Be Free textline: “HELP” to BeFree (233733) for potential victims.
- MINNESOTA: Add the MN Day One Crisis Hotline to your phone: 1.866.223.1111 or text: 612.399.9995 for local shelter and supportive services for potential victims.
- Learn to recognize the red flags that might indicate sexual exploitation or trafficking.
- Talk to people in your life about what you know and have critical, courageous conversations.
- Speak up when women, girls and individuals of all genders are being disrespected and when men are not holding other men accountable.
In 10 Days
- Research anti-trafficking websites or watch documentaries and TED Talks for more education. Visit our resources and links page for recommendations.
- Pray for children and youth – sign up to receive our Wednesday Prayers and partner with Cherish All Children through your church.
- Talk to your children about personal safety relevant to their age, and don’t stop talking to them when it gets uncomfortable (especially with teens)!
- Find out what your children’s schools are teaching on the subjects of sexual violence and healthy relationships. Advocate for a prevention curriculum.
In 10 Months
- Educate your church and community by using our My Neighbor is Not for Sale Guide and our Safe and Healthy Relationships Youth Guide or contact us for training.
- Attend a training or conference to learn more and get more involved, then host your own education event in your community.
- Volunteer with an anti-trafficking organization or an organization supporting youth experiencing homelessness or other risk factors that may lead toward exploitation. View LSS Youth Services volunteer opportunities.
- Engage in raising the next generation. Learn about raising healthy boys and young men, and ending the demand for sexual exploitation.