Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
Our Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) works with families to move towards self-sufficiency. We guide participants through the entire process of finding a job and offer them personal support along the way.
We provide employment services to MFIP participants residing in Hennepin County, with referrals coming from Hennepin County. We have two office locations — one on Broadway Avenue in North East Minneapolis and another at the Center for Changing Lives on Park Avenue in South Minneapolis.
Training & Education Center
Our Training & Education Center (TEC) at the Center for Changing Lives in Minneapolis offers free, individualized job support, career exploration and workshops on a wide range of topics. Our trained career development facilitators can work with you to:
- Tailor Your Resume: Target your resume to get the interview you want
- Practice for an Interview: Complete a mock interview to receive honest feedback and encouragement
- Explore Credentialed Trainings/Career Pathways: Find a training that fits your interests and can increase income for you and your family
- Match Your Natural Skills to Career Opportunities: Explore O*Net to learn how your skills and talents match with the fastest growing careers in the area
- Boost Your Career Search with Social Media: Learn how to use LinkedIn to effectively network in your job search
Visit our TEC webpage to get more information, set up an individualized job support appointment or register for a workshop.
Financial Opportunity Center
We can help you reach your healthcare career goals.
The Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) consists of three main service components: employment coaching, financial coaching and screening for income supports. LSS has been offering FOC services for over a decade. We focus on supporting jobseekers interested in entering or advancing in the healthcare field through:
- Job Readiness
- Job Search
In addition to employment coaching, FOC participants also meet with a financial coach to work on financial goals. FOC participants can also be screened for eligibility of public benefit programs to reduce monthly expenses.
Healthcare Career Pathway Potential Earnings