Our Training and Education Center (TEC) at the Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis offers free courses and workshops to help you build confidence, job skills and financial literacy.
One-on-One Career Services
We offer free, individualized career support to help you gain the confidence, tools and focus needed to get the job you want. A career development facilitator can work with you to:
- Tailor Your Resume: Target your resume to get the interview you want
- Practice for an Interview: Complete a mock interview to receive honest feedback and encouragement
- Explore Credentialed Trainings/Career Pathways: Find a training that fits your interests and can boost income for you and your family
- Match Your Natural Skills to Career Opportunities: Explore O*Net to learn how your skills and talents match with the fastest growing careers in the area
- Boost Your Career Search with Social Media: Learn how to use LinkedIn to effectively network in your job search
To schedule a One-on-One Career Service appointment, contact us at (612) 879-5256 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for our employment workshops! Build your confidence, and gain skills for job search success. Come for any or all sessions that fit your needs. Learn about setting goals, creating resumes and cover letters, interviewing, networking and more! Attend just one workshop, or come every day.
Day 1: Creating Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
Day 2: Navigating Barriers to Employment and Excelling at Interviews
Day 3: Boosting Your Job Search with Online Applications and Tools
Workshops run from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the TEC computer lab. Registration is required.
Upcoming workshop dates:
December 9, 10 and 11
January 6, 7 and 9
January 21, 22 and 23
Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment
The TEC is now a registered Northstar testing location. Northstar helps build computer skills through online self-guided modules in key areas such as basic computer and internet skills, email, Microsoft software, social media and more! This program also allows you to demonstrate your knowledge by earning certificates. Check out their website for more information.
The Four Cornerstones of Financial Literacy Classes
This FREE two-day Financial Course, offered every month, empowers participants with the skills and knowledge to achieve financial wellness.
- Budgeting to Create Savings: Create a workable budget that allows you to save and minimize “disasters” regardless of income level.
- Debt Reduction and Asset Building: Improve your debt-to-income ratio and keep risks low and returns high.
- Building a Good Credit Rating: Know how to read and fix errors on your credit report, improve your credit score and your ability to qualify for housing, a good vehicle and other purchases.
- Consumer Protection: Learn ways to protect yourself and your money. Learn about predatory financial scams and how to prevent identity theft.
This workshop takes place every month over two Wednesdays, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Attendance at both workshops in the month is required to receive the certificate of completion.
Upcoming workshop dates:
January 8 and 15
Additional dates in 2020 will be posted soon.
You are welcome to use the computer lab to boost your career and access information about new employment opportunities, job fairs and more. During Open Lab hours, our interns and volunteers will assist you in your career planning efforts. We can help you explore credentialed trainings and career pathway opportunities in your field of interest. Note: No appointment is necessary during Open Lab.
- Monday – Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis brings people together, transforms lives and creates a vital community where individuals and families can thrive. Our services are located at:
Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis
Training and Education Center (TEC)
2400 Park Avenue South, 2nd floor
Minneapolis, MN 55404