Our Training and Education Center (TEC) at the Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis offers free courses and workshops to help you build confidence, job skills and financial literacy.
Employment Empowerment Class (EEC)
This three-week course can help you gain the confidence, tools and focus you need to get the job you want.
The following courses and workshops are included:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator: Gain a better understanding of your natural skills and personality type, and explore how this relates to your career.
- Networking: 60 to 80 percent of jobs are found through networking. Learn ways to use this powerful tool.
- Applications: It's not just about dotting the “I” and crossing the “T”.
- Resumes: This powerful tool can get you the interview you want.
- Cover Letters: This under-used tool can help you stand out and get the interview you want.
- Job Search: Find the opportunities and the jobs you want. Did you know they are everywhere?
- Interview Preparation: Learn how to overcome nerves and best show employers what you have to offer.
- Mock Interview Practice: Complete an individual interview with a professional who will offer honest feedback and encouragement.
- Thank You Letters: Tips for sending a great thank you letter or email following an interview
- Job Satisfaction: Learn how to excel at your new job and work toward raises and promotions.
Workshops included in program:
- Dealing with Overwhelm: Learn how to effectively resolve overwhelm and keep focused on what's important.
- Defining Personal Success: Define what success means to you and your future.
- Defining Personal Values: Discover your values and what they mean to you as an individual.
- Defining Personal Goals: Learn how to create and maintain progress on your goals – big and small.
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Building: Let go of self-doubt and build confidence in your life.
Upcoming 2018 class dates:
- September 9-29
- October 8-26
- November 5-21
- December 3-21
EEC classes take place Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
The Four Cornerstones of Financial Literacy Classes
This FREE three-day Financial Course, offered every month, empowers participants with the skills and knowledge to achieve financial wellness.
- Budgeting to Create Savings: Create a workable budget that allows you to save and minimize “disasters” regardless of income level.
- Debt Reduction and Asset Building: Improve your debt-to-income ratio and keep risks low and returns high.
- Building a Good Credit Rating: Know how to read and fix errors on your credit report, improve your credit score and your ability to qualify for housing, a good vehicle and other purchases.
- Consumer Protection: Learn ways to protect yourself and your money. Learn about predatory financial scams and how to prevent identity theft.
Upcoming 2018 class dates:
Classes take place on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – noon. Attendance is required for all three days.
- August 8-22
- September 12-26
- October 10-24
- November 7-23
- December 5-23
You are welcome to use the resources in our computer lab to search for a job and education resources. We have computers, a printer, a scanner, a fax machine, pens, paper and a phone for your job search-related use. You can also contact us to schedule one-on-one resume assistance, to conduct mock interviews, a focused job search, for career pathways counseling and to access local training opportunities in your career field of interest.
- Monday - Thursday: noon to 5 p.m.
- Friday: noon to 4 p.m.
- Last week of the month: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (4 p.m. on Friday)
The Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis brings people together, transforms lives and creates a vital community where individuals and families can thrive. Our services are located at:
Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis
Training and Education Center (TEC)
2400 Park Avenue South, 2nd floor
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Make a Difference: Volunteer and Internship Opportunities