Our Training and Education Center (TEC) at the Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis offers free courses and workshops to help you build confidence, job skills and financial literacy.
One-on-One Career Services
We offer free, individualized career support to help you gain the confidence, tools and focus needed to get the job you want. A career development facilitator can work with you to:
- Tailor Your Resume: Target your resume to get the interview you want
- Practice for an Interview: Complete a mock interview to receive honest feedback and encouragement
- Explore Credentialed Trainings/Career Pathways: Find a training that fits your interests and can boost income for you and your family
- Match Your Natural Skills to Career Opportunities: Explore O*Net to learn how your skills and talents match with the fastest growing careers in the area
- Boost Your Career Search with Social Media: Learn how to use LinkedIn to effectively network in your job search
To schedule a One-on-One Career Service appointment, contact us at (612) 879-5256 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Empowerment classes are not being offered at this time. If you would like to meet with us for free, customized Career Service appointments, please contact us.
The Four Cornerstones of Financial Literacy Classes
This FREE three-day Financial Course, offered every month, empowers participants with the skills and knowledge to achieve financial wellness.
- Budgeting to Create Savings: Create a workable budget that allows you to save and minimize “disasters” regardless of income level.
- Debt Reduction and Asset Building: Improve your debt-to-income ratio and keep risks low and returns high.
- Building a Good Credit Rating: Know how to read and fix errors on your credit report, improve your credit score and your ability to qualify for housing, a good vehicle and other purchases.
- Consumer Protection: Learn ways to protect yourself and your money. Learn about predatory financial scams and how to prevent identity theft.
Upcoming 2019 class dates:
Classes take place on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – noon. Attendance is required for all three days.
- January 9-23
- February 6-20
- March 6-20
- April 3-17
- May 8-22
- June 5-18
- July 10-23
- August 7-20
- September 11-24
- October 9-22
- November 6-19
- December 4-18
You are welcome to use the computer lab to boost your career and access information about new employment opportunities, job fairs and more. During Open Lab hours, our interns and volunteers will assist you in your career planning efforts. We can help you explore credentialed trainings and career pathway opportunities in your field of interest. Note: No appointment is necessary during Open Lab.
- Monday - Thursday: Noon to 3 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis brings people together, transforms lives and creates a vital community where individuals and families can thrive. Our services are located at:
Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis
Training and Education Center (TEC)
2400 Park Avenue South, 2nd floor
Minneapolis, MN 55404