Professional Education - Healthy Sexuality for Youth and Families
Workshops on Sexual Health for Educators
Professionals play an important role in the healthy sexual development and decisions of the youth they work with.
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota provides customized education for professionals who work with youth to address a variety of topics related to sexual health and decision making.
We can tailor our services to professional youth workers and advocates, social workers, teachers, clergy and parent educators.
Topics can include how to work with youth on the following:
- Dating: healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Developing good-decision making skills, healthy communication and refusal skills
- Self-esteem and body image
- Pregnancy prevention: abstinence and birth control methods
- Understanding our faith and values around sexuality
- Media and technology influences on sexuality and sexual health