Randal Staats, MA, LP
Randy provides counseling to individuals of all ages, couples and families.
Areas of expertise:
- Anxiety and depression
- Adults with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI)
- Support after hospitalization or release from incarceration
- Healthy sexual boundaries for adolescents and adults
- Psychometric testing — personality/pathology, intellectual functioning
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
“We move forward only when we accept ourselves where we are. Insight and acceptance bring strength and wisdom. We then make healthier choices and grow into the best human beings we can be.”
Randy has provided individual and group therapy for LSS since 2005. Prior to this, he worked in a mental health crisis stabilization residence, corrections settings and home health care, and has counseled adolescents charged with sexual offenses. He has a master’s degree in counseling and psychological services from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota and a B.A. in sociology from University of Wisconsin-Madison.