Senior Companion volunteers, age 55 and older, offer assistance with daily tasks and transportation to older adults who wish to stay active, healthy and continue living at home. Through weekly in-home visits a few hours a week, our trained volunteer companions offer assistance by:
- Being a friend who listens and offers encouragement
- Providing non-medical support - helping an older adult run errands, get to medical appointments, go grocery shopping, etc.
- Sharing hobbies and interests such as playing cards, having a meal, going for a walk or doing a puzzle
- Providing a break for family caregivers
- A non-taxable stipend of $3.15 per hour (You must work a minimum of 10 hours of service per week to qualify.)
- Transportation reimbursement
- On-going training opportunities
- Accident and liability insurance while volunteering
- Meal allowance when meeting required criteria
- Meeting new people, learning new things and having the satisfaction of helping others
- Pass a motor vehicle record check
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Must be 55 years of age or older and in good health
Please contact email@example.com or 651.310.9440 or 888.205.3770.