Senior Companion volunteers, age 55+, offer assistance with daily tasks and transportation to older adults who wish to stay active, healthy and continue living at home. Through weekly in-home visits a few hours a week, our trained volunteer companions offer assistance by:
- Being a friend who listens and offers encouragement
- Providing non-medical support - helping an older adult run errands, get to medical appointments, go grocery shopping, etc.
- Sharing hobbies and interests such as playing cards, having a meal, going for a walk or doing a puzzle
- Providing a break for family caregivers
- A non-taxable stipend of $2.65 per hour (You must work a minimum of 10 hours of service per week to qualify.)
- Transportation reimbursement
- On-going training opportunities
- Accident and liability insurance while volunteering
- Meal allowance when meeting required criteria
- Meeting new people, learning new things and having the satisfaction of helping others
- Pass a motor vehicle record check
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Must be 55 years of age or older and in good health
Please contact email@example.com or 651.310.9440 or 888.205.3770.