Senior Companion volunteers, age 55 and older, offer assistance with daily tasks and transportation to older adults who wish to stay active, healthy and continue living at home. Through weekly in-home visits a few hours a week, our trained volunteer companions offer assistance by:
- Being a friend who listens and offers encouragement
- Providing non-medical support — helping an older adult run errands, get to medical appointments, go grocery shopping, etc.
- Sharing hobbies and interests such as playing cards, having a meal, going for a walk or doing a puzzle
- Providing a break for family caregivers
- *A non-taxable stipend (with 10 or more hours of service per week)
- Doing something new, meaningful, and fun
- Being matched with someone who shares your interests
- Increased health and longevity from serving
- Training that includes orientation, team meetings, and workshops
- Meal allowance (when required criteria are met)
- Transportation reimbursement and accident/liability insurance while volunteering
*The income earned from the stipend does not affect federal, state and other benefit programs eligibility.
- No prior experience is required
- Training is provided
- Be age 55 or older and in good general health
- Have access to dependable transportation and be willing to travel in your service area
- Have compassion, patience and respect for others
- Be flexible and available with service activity schedule
- Work well with diverse individuals, families, groups, and organizations
- Undergo a background check
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.310.9440 or 888.205.3770.