Foster Grandparent volunteers, age 55 or older, positively influence our children and youth in a variety of settings, including elementary schools, preschools, shelters, childcare centers and other community settings. From striving to prepare children for success in school to mentoring teenagers, Foster Grandparents make a difference in the lives of those they serve.
- A non-taxable stipend of $3.15 per hour (You must serve a minimum of 10 hours of service per week to qualify.)
- Transportation reimbursement to and from your service site
- Ongoing training and recognition opportunities
- Accident and liability insurance while volunteering
- Possible daily lunch on site
- Meeting new people, learning new things and having the satisfaction of helping others
Duration: 10-40 hours per week
The Foster Grandparent Program is a part of the national AmeriCorps Seniors program.
Various locations available
- Pass a criminal background check
- Must be 55 years of age or older and in good health
Please contact email@example.com or 651.310.9440 or 888.205.3770.