Foster Grandparent volunteers, age 55 or older, positively influence children and youth in a variety of settings, including elementary schools, preschools, shelters, childcare centers and other community settings. From striving to prepare children for success in school to mentoring teenagers, Foster Grandparents make a difference in the lives of those they serve.
- *A non-taxable stipend (serve a minimum of 10 hours per week to qualify).
- Meeting new people, learning new things and having the satisfaction of helping others.
- Transportation reimbursement to and from your service site.
- Orientation and ongoing training opportunities.
- Recognition events.
- Accident and liability insurance while volunteering.
*The income earned from the stipend does not affect federal, state and other benefit programs eligibility.
Duration: 10-40 hours per week
The Foster Grandparent Program is a part of the national AmeriCorps Seniors program.
Various locations available
- No prior experience is required.
- Training is provided.
- You must be age 55 or older and in good general health.
- Have compassion, patience, flexibility and respect for children and others.
- Work well with diverse individuals and families.
- Have dependable transportation available.
Please contact email@example.com or 651.310.9440 or 888.205.3770.