Caregiver Support Volunteer
As a Caregiver Support Volunteer, you will provide friendly weekly visits with an older adult a few hours each week. These visits allow family caregivers to run errands, go to appointments, catch up on housework, visit with friends or just rest and recharge.
During the visits, you may spend time doing activities like reading out loud, playing cards, going for a walk, running errands with an older adult or just enjoying conversation. Volunteers should be patient, friendly, flexible and accepting.
Your support will assist families and caregivers to cope successfully with the day-to-day demands of providing care for a family member or friend.
- Share your skills, meet new people, make a positive impact and have fun in the community.
- Improve your emotional well-being by feeling the satisfaction of giving back.
- Be matched with someone who shares your interests.
- Offer older adults friendship and support.
- Boost your resume and stand out to future employers.
- No prior experience required.
- Training is provided.
Various locations available
- Have some day-time availability.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Pass a background check.