Neighbor to Neighbor Companion
Companion volunteers, age 18 or older, offer assistance with daily tasks and transportation to older adults who wish to stay active, and need a little help to continue living at home. Through weekly in-home visits a few hours a week, our trained volunteer companions offer assistance by:
- Being a friend who listens and offers encouragement
- Providing non-medical support - helping an older adult run errands, get to medical appointments, go grocery shopping, etc.
- Sharing hobbies and interests such as playing cards, having a meal, going for a walk or doing a puzzle
- Providing a break for family caregivers
- A monthly stipend of $50/client
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Accident and liability coverage while volunteering
- Recognition events
Contact us to get started and learn more. After we hear from you, an LSS staff member will reach out to help you complete the application process, including background and driving record checks. Once approved, you will receive the training you need to succeed and be matched with an older adult in your area. Our staff will be available to answer questions along the way.
Various locations available
- Have compassion, patience, and respect for others
- Be 18 years or older
- Have dependable transportation, a good driving record, and be willing to travel in your area
- Pass a background and driving record check
- Work well with diverse individuals, families, groups and organizations
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 877.540.9443.