Therapeutic Host Homes
Family-Style Support for Youth with Disabilities
We believe every child needs a safe place to live and caring, supportive relationships to thrive.
LSS’ Therapeutic Host Homes combines the expertise of LSS Therapeutic Foster Care and LSS Host Homes to assure children and youth with a disability, who are eligible for waivered services and require out-of-home care, have a nurturing, therapeutic foster family and supportive disability services.
Therapeutic Host Home services are designed to ensure that children and youth with disabilities:
- Have the opportunity to live in a supportive family setting, with opportunities to engage in activities they enjoy
- Have meaningful relationships with others — including continued relationships with significant people in their lives, such as their parent(s), siblings or other extended family or community members
- Are fully integrated participants in social and community networks
- Are accessing community-supported services
- Are involved in choosing the design and delivery of the support they receive, as age appropriate
Licensed, Trained and Qualified Providers
LSS Therapeutic Host Home providers are licensed, trained and qualified to support the unique needs of children and youth with disabilities. We assure this through:
We know that family life doesn’t stop after business hours. All LSS Therapeutic Host Home providers have 24/7 access to LSS staff to help guide them through any questions or emergencies they may be experiencing.
Our team includes behavioral health practitioners and other professionals who support the needs of the child or youth in care by working directly with the child in home, office and/or school settings. They also provide supportive services to the host home, birth and/or adoptive families.
LSS holds and ensures compliance with all 245D regulations:
- Support plans identifying what is important to and for the children
- High-quality training for providers to successfully support the children in their care
- Routine visits with the provider as well as with the child(ren) they support
- Frequent communication with all team members
- Meeting facilitation
- Billing/payment to providers
LSS helps therapeutic host home providers identify and train their own respite providers so they have substitute caregivers when needed.
All therapeutic host home providers receive training to support the unique needs of the child(ren) or youth in their care.
Through a thorough matching process, we assure therapeutic host home providers are comfortable with their ability to successfully support the needs of the child placed in their home. Children and youth receive the support they need in a nurturing family setting and providers have the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child with a disability.
The Next Best Thing to Being Home
16-year old Georgia has been living in voluntary foster care for many years. While she and her mom have a great relationship and would prefer to live together, they have the same medical condition and her mom can’t meet Georgia’s daily support needs. Georgia has lived in both family foster homes and corporate group homes — but never found the structure and stability she needed until her care team tried LSS Therapeutic Host Homes. Georgia loves participating in family life and having the supports she needs to be the best person she can be. She is much happier overall and said, “If I can’t be with my mom, this is the next best option!”