Buying a home is a big deal. We are here to help you do it right and set yourself up for long-term success. Our counselors work with you to get your finances in order before you buy a home and walk you through the process.
You can be sure you’re doing things right — and taking advantage of existing resources — with our trusted support for anyone considering homeownership.
It’s not just about buying a home — it’s about staying in it and making it work for you. Research shows that informed homebuyers are successful homeowners.
Our nonjudgmental counselors provide ongoing guidance to:
- Help you assess your financial situation
- Determine if you are ready to buy and help you calculate what you can afford
- Address barriers, such as credit, debt or student loans
- Share information on current mortgage loan programs
- Connect you to down payment and closing cost assistance programs
- Achieve your goals based on your specific needs
Meeting with a HUD-certified LSS counselor is free and confidential.
Get started today!
Homebuyer counseling is free and confidential. Choose the best option for you:
Phone or In Person Appointment
Schedule a phone appointment at a time convenient for you or an office appointment at one of our Minnesota locations. This service is currently available in Minnesota only.
Request a phone or in person appointment online.
Get started by creating your financial profile online any time of day online. Just create a login name and password, then complete your financial with your income amount, monthly expenses, amounts owed to creditors, and any other information you believe would be helpful in understanding your financial circumstances. After that, a counselor will be in touch to offer some options and you can determine next steps together.
What do I need for counseling?
In order for your financial counseling session to be most productive, it is helpful to have the following information available:
- Your monthly income
- Typical monthly expenses
- Statements from your creditors.
- Any other information you believe would be helpful in understanding your financial situation.
Don't have everything? Don't worry. Call us and we help guide you through the process.