Buying a home is a big deal. We are here to help you do it right and set yourself up for long-term success. Our counselors work with you to get your finances in order before you buy a home and walk you through the process.
You can be sure you’re doing things right — and taking advantage of existing resources — with our trusted support for anyone considering homeownership.
It’s not just about buying a home — it’s about staying in it and making it work for you. Research shows that informed homebuyers are successful homeowners.
Our nonjudgmental counselors provide ongoing guidance to:
- Help you assess your financial situation
- Determine if you are ready to buy and help you calculate what you can afford
- Address barriers, such as credit, debt or student loans
- Share information on current mortgage loan programs
- Connect you to down payment and closing cost assistance programs
- Achieve your goals based on your specific needs
Meeting with a HUD-certified LSS counselor is free and confidential.
Call 888.577.2227 to schedule a phone or in-person appointment at one of our Minnesota locations. This service is currently available in Minnesota only.