Buying a home is a big deal. We are here to help you do it right and set yourself up for long-term success. Our counselors work with you to get your finances in order before you buy a home and walk you through the process.
You can be sure you’re doing things right — and taking advantage of existing resources — with our trusted support for anyone considering homeownership.
It’s not just about buying a home — it’s about staying in it and making it work for you. Research shows that informed homebuyers are successful homeowners.
Our nonjudgmental counselors provide ongoing guidance to:
- Help you assess your financial situation
- Determine if you are ready to buy and help you calculate what you can afford
- Address barriers, such as credit, debt or student loans
- Share information on current mortgage loan programs
- Connect you to down payment and closing cost assistance programs
- Achieve your goals based on your specific needs
Meeting with a HUD-certified LSS counselor is free and confidential.
Get started today!
Homebuyer counseling is free and confidential. Choose the best option for you:
Phone or In Person Appointment
Schedule a phone appointment at a time convenient for you or an office appointment at one of our Minnesota locations. This service is currently available in Minnesota only.
Please note: to limit the spread of the coronavirus, we are currently offering phone appointments only. We will reintroduce in-person appointments at a later date.
What do I need for counseling?
In order for your financial counseling session to be most productive, it is helpful to have the following information available:
- Your monthly income
- Typical monthly expenses
- Statements from your creditors.
- Any other information you believe would be helpful in understanding your financial situation.
Don't have everything? Don't worry. Call us and we help guide you through the process.