Buying a home is a big deal. We are here to help you do it right and set yourself up for long-term success. Our counselors work with you to get your finances in order before you buy a home and walk you through the process.
You can be sure you’re doing things right — and taking advantage of existing resources — with our trusted support for anyone considering homeownership.
It’s not just about buying a home — it’s about staying in it and making it work for you. Research shows that informed homebuyers are successful homeowners.
Our nonjudgmental counselors provide ongoing guidance to:
- Help you assess your financial situation
- Determine if you are ready to buy and help you calculate what you can afford
- Address barriers, such as credit, debt or student loans
- Share information on current mortgage loan programs
- Connect you to down payment and closing cost assistance programs
- Achieve your goals based on your specific needs
Meeting with a HUD-certified LSS counselor is free and confidential.
Get started today!
Homebuyer counseling is free and confidential. Choose the best option for you:
Phone or In Person Appointment
Schedule a phone appointment at a time convenient for you or an office appointment at one of our Minnesota locations. This service is currently available in Minnesota only.
Please note: to limit the spread of the coronavirus, we are currently offering phone appointments only. We will reintroduce in-person appointments at a later date.
What do I need for counseling?
In order for your financial counseling session to be most productive, it is helpful to have the following information available:
- Your monthly income
- Typical monthly expenses
- Statements from your creditors.
- Any other information you believe would be helpful in understanding your financial situation.
Don't have everything? Don't worry. Call us and we help guide you through the process.
What people say about this service:
“Your financial counseling service is a real source of help to people and has been a real blessing for me. It has provided me with the steps and road maps needed for becoming a homeowner. Through your professional and expert advice, my credit scores have dramatically increased, and I am getting my financial affairs together so I can be approved for mortgage financing.”
--Zoe from Minneapolis