Understand Your Options to Prevent Foreclosure
Our experienced, HUD-certified, nonprofit housing counselors offer free, nonjudgmental and confidential support and guidance so that you can understand your options and rights to save your home or foreclose with a plan.
- 65% of homeowners who received foreclosure prevention counseling were able to avoid foreclosure.
- 73% of foreclosure counseling participants learned about additional housing resources.
- 79% of foreclosure counseling participants worked with their housing counselor to develop a customized budget to assist them in stabilizing their situation.
How an LSS HUD-Certified Housing Counselor Can Assist:
- Review your current finances and give you a clear idea of your options and eligibility for a mortgage modification.
- Work with you to submit paperwork to your mortgage company to apply for a mortgage modification.
- Be sure you are taking advantage of available government programs to save your home.
- Help you postpone your sheriff's sale so you have more time to work out a solution with your lender.
- Answer questions and is there for you throughout the process.
Contact Us & Get Started
Our free and confidential services are available nationwide by phone. For in-person appointments view our office locations to find a location near you!
We have counselors who are fluent in English, Spanish and Hmong. Interpretation, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), and TeleTYpe (TYY) services are available as needed.
Phone, Virtual or In-Person Appointment
Call 888.577.2227 to schedule a phone or virtual appointment at a time convenient for you. Or set up an in-person appointment at one of our locations.
Please note: we do not provide retirement planning services or investment advice.
What Do I Need for Counseling?
In order for your financial counseling session to be most productive, it is helpful to have the following information available:
- Your mortgage statement.
- Your monthly income.
- Typical monthly expenses.
- Any other information you believe would be helpful in understanding your financial situation.
Don't have everything? Don't worry. Call us and we help guide you through the process.
Related Posts From Our Sense & Centsibility Blog
Missing monthly payments can adversely affect your credit and initiates the process towards foreclosure on your home. Fortunately, there are tools and remedies to help get you back on track.
A loan modification is often the most effective and common tool offered to individuals who are behind on their mortgage payments and trying to avoid foreclosure. It gets monthly payments back on track and makes those payments affordable.
Loan modification isn’t always possible if you are behind on your mortgage payments. You then face foreclosure on your home. Even then, there are strategies that can buy you time to get the mortgage back on track.
If you are facing foreclosure and your goal is to stay in your home, it is crucial to avoid a Sheriff’s Sale. Here are tips to help prevent this sale.