When you set up automatic payments, your DMP payments are automatically deducted from your checking or savings account every month via an Electronic Payment System (EPS) or ACH a few days before your payment due date.
Electronic Payment Service (EPS)/ACH Benefits:
- Never miss a payment
- Save time and money: electronic payment are available at no additional charge!
- Hassle-free and convenient
- More secure versus mailing in your payment
- Your payment will never get lost in the mail
- Payments are pre-arranged for future months —just make sure you have sufficient funds in your account
Together with your counselor, you select your monthly payment due date of either the 5th, 10th, 15th, or 20th of the month.
If you set up EPS/ACH for your monthly deposits, your payment will be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account a few days before your due date.
See your options below:
Payment due date:
Payment will be automatically deducted:
|5th of the month||2nd of the month|
|10th of the month||7th of the month|
|15th of the month||12th of the month|
|20th of the month||16th of the month|
To be eligible for automatic payments, you must:
- Have a Client ID
- Complete your first DMP payment via online payment or mailing in a personal check, money order, or cashier’s check
- Have a checking or savings account with sufficient funds
- Have a blank check or deposit ticket or letter from your financial institution including the routing and account number
In order to protect your account and verify the information you provide, allow a minimum of 25 days to set up and process automatic payments. Until automatic payments have been set up, you will need to continue to make your DMP payments by mail or online.
How to Start Automatic Payments
- Read the following EPS rules and regulations.
- Download and complete the EPS enrollment form.
- Print and sign the enrollment form.
- Mail your completed and signed enrollment form, along with a voided check or voided deposit ticket to:
LSS Financial Counseling
PO Box 306
Duluth, MN 55801-0306
Payments will be automatically deducted from your account beginning on the month indicated on the enrollment form. You will receive a monthly statement which includes all your account activity. This statement will serve as your receipt.