Healthcare Careers Program
Take steps to reach your long-term career goal in the healthcare industry!
Your employment is a major contributing factor to your livelihood, income and financial wellness.We focus on the high-demand and continued high-growth healthcare sector. Work toward your career goals and achieve financial wellness.
Please note that this service is only available at our location at 709 University Avenue West, Saint Paul, MN 55104. These offices are in the Lifetrack building. View Public Transportation Information or Get Directions
The Healthcare Careers Program supports job seekers looking to enter or advance in the healthcare industry through:
- Career counseling
- Skills Training
- Credentialing Opportunities
- Education Support like Refresher Courses or Tutoring
- Connections to Academic Institutions and Employers
- Financial Coaching
- Support to Address Barriers to Employment
Together, we will create a plan of action that fits with your personal goals for stable income and a fulfilling career. Our counselors will equip you with the tools and resources you need to get where you want to go. We are also there for you if you have questions or meet challenges along the way.
This service is free to participants thanks to a generous Pathways to Prosperity grant from the state of Minnesota’s Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED).
Call us at 651.529.8850 to schedule an appointment or learn more.
Please note: to limit the spread of coronavirus, we are currently offering phone and online appointments only. We will reintroduce in-person appointments at a later date.
How it Works
The Healthcare Careers Program includes three types of support that are customized for you.
Our employment counselors are connected to specialized training opportunities, job fairs, employment opportunities, and employers, as well as the best job search websites, and other online job search networking sites. With this support you can:
- Increase your income
- Find a new job
- Make a lateral or upward move at your current job
- Develop work skills
- Get connected to training and certification opportunities
- Create or improve job search documents and interview skills
- Transition from a job into a career
Access to Resources
When you’re in transition, things might be tough or tight. Barriers to employment can get in your way. Through this service we will connect you to resources and tools to help you achieve your goals.
- Discuss needs with your employment counselor
- Get screened to see if you’re eligible for public benefits programs
Through financial coaching we can help you develop an action plan to take charge of your finances and reach your goals. Your coach will work closely with you on a variety of topics to help you create a plan that works for you. Below are a few of the ways we often offer support.
- Create a monthly budget or spending plan
- Review your credit report and create a plan to improve your credit score
- How to deal with collections, garnishments, or judgments
- Connect to non-predatory financial service providers for products including credit-building tools and banking products
- Bankruptcy Pre-Filing Counseling
- Student Loans
- Purchasing a vehicle
- Foreclosure or mortgage delinquency
- Planning for the purchase of a home
- Disputing credit report errors