Become a Counseling Provider
The role of a NuVantage counseling provider is to use the available employee assistance program (EAP) counseling sessions to conduct a thorough assessment of the situation and to assist members in the development of an action plan. In many cases, an individual’s situation can be resolved, or greatly improved, within the available number of employer-covered EAP sessions. The number of employer-covered sessions varies by employer, but is typically at least three sessions.
Areas of Expertise
NuVantage counseling providers help people work through a variety of life issues, from job stress and marriage conflicts to anxiety and depression. They must be experienced in the following areas:
- Chemical dependency concerns
- Child/adolescent parenting issues
- Family, marital, and other relationship problems
- Stress, anxiety, and other emotional problems
- Work-related concerns.
NuVantage counseling providers must have the following:
- A master’s degree in a counseling discipline
- A license to practice independently in your state
- Professional liability insurance in the amount of $1 million per incident and $3 million aggregate
- Experience with EAP core technology, especially as it relates to managing dual client relationships
- The ability to meet with clients within three business days.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to become a NuVantage counseling provider, please download and complete the forms below:
If you are interested in or have questions about becoming a NuVantage provider, call 888.988.0098 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to chat with you about our provider network.