Mental Health Counseling
When you’re dealing with an issue that affects your mental health and emotional well-being, talking to the right person at the right time can make all the difference. NuVantage provides members with access to face-to-face counselors committed to helping individuals, couples, and families through life’s challenges.
How We Help
When you contact NuVantage, a benefits specialist will ask you a few questions to learn about your needs. They will then connect you with a NuVantage professional counselor in your area.
NuVantage counselors help people with a broad range of life issues.
- Adoption referral
- Alcohol or chemical use issues
- Children and teens: support and guidance
- Compulsive behaviors, such as gambling, internet use or shopping
- Conflict resolution
- Family and relationship issues
- Family counseling
- Grief, loss or difficult life transitions
- Marriage counseling
- Parental concerns: raising children and teens
- Pregnancy counseling (for women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy)
- Stress or anxiety
- Veteran’s issues, including PTSD
- Work-related concerns
What Your EAP Covers
Your employee assistance program (EAP) is designed to provide you and your immediate family members with short-term counseling resources.
Your EAP benefits cover:
In-person counseling sessions with a professional and experienced counselor.
24/7 phone access to counselors for crisis situations.
Unlimited access to online library of resources.
The number of covered counseling sessions varies depending on the type of support or counseling required and/or coverage offered by your specific EAP. Most plans cover three 50-minute counseling sessions per issue per year, although some employer plans may offer additional sessions.