Personal Supports & Respite
Personal Supports & Respite is also known as the "traditional waivered service." PICS is the full-service employer (employer of record).
Representatives choose the workers they want to hire and maintain control of how workers provide services by scheduling hours and providing training and management. Representatives can view and print the necessary Worker’s forms to start the hiring process when they have found an individual they would like to hire.
As the employer of record, PICS provides:
- Background checks
- Administration of Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Insurance
- Training materials for employees
- Administrative support with completing employment paperwork, processing payroll and reporting earnings to the state of Minnesota and the IRS
- Reimbursements for all approved expenses
- Timely reporting
- Compliance with 245D Basic Licensing Requirements
Fees for Personal Supports & Respite are dependent on the county of residence for the individual relieving services. Contact PICS for information on fees for your county.