Coming Soon: Community First Services and Supports
Community First Services and Supports (CFSS) is an upcoming self-directed program that the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) is developing. CFSS will replace both personal care assistance (PCA) and Consumer Support Grant (CSG) services.
The eligibility requirements for CFSS are the same as the eligibility requirements for PCA and CSG services. To be eligible for CFSS, a person must:
- Be on one of Minnesota’s health care programs.
- Live in their own home.
- Be able to direct their own care or have a representative who can do so on their behalf.
- Have received an eligibility assessment.
CFSS will have two service delivery models: the budget model and the agency provider model. As a Financial Management Service provider, PICS can support individuals who choose either model.
For those who choose the budget model, PICS will guide participants through:
- Assisting hiring and staffing, including payroll and training
- Processing and paying expenses and reimbursements
- Handling accounting, reporting, tax, and revenue information
Under both the budget and agency models, PICS will assist participants in purchasing approved goods to support their independence.
If you are currently using CSG services with PICS, you will be able to continue to be able to use PICS services through the CFSS Budget model.
For more information on the two models, read our News page post on CFSS.