Worker FAQs

Worker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I update/change my personal information in my employment file? 

To update your legal name, address, phone number or email address, please complete a Status Change form and submit to PICS Human Resources at PICS will verify your full legal name with the Social Security administration. If approved, PICS will update your full legal name in your employment file.   

Can PICS assist me by verifying my employment? 

Yes. PICS Human Resources is happy to assist Workers in verifying their employment by writing an employment verification letter on company letterhead or by completing a request form from a third-party that is signed by the Worker to release the information.  

PICS Human Resources can verify dates of employment, position, earned income and hourly rate(s) at a Worker’s request. We can provide the same information to a third-party. PICS Human Resources requires 2 business days to complete employment verification requests. Requests for employment verification can be made through this webform. When submitting a request for employment verification, please be sure to include your full legal name, the information being requested and how you would like the information sent to you.  

Why does PICS run background checks? 

PICS is required to comply with the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check standards. DHS requires background checks for all Workers who provide direct support for vulnerable adults and minors.

Can I work if I am a minor (under the age of 18)? 

Yes. The minimum age to be hired as a Direct Support Professional is 14 years old. However, in order to work as a minor, you will need to follow the Child Labor Standards Act regulations. The Child Labor Standards Act specifies when and how long a minor can work per day and/or per week.

How can I inform PICS of my resignation from my position as a Direct Support Professional? 

Thank you for providing direct care services to a Participant supported by PICS. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.  

In order to close your employment file, please complete the Employment Separation Form. PICS cannot process verbal resignation requests; the request must be submitted in writing. PICS advises Workers to inform their Representative of their resignation before completing the Employment Separation Form.   


SEIU Member Action Center