PICS Update on COVID-19
PICS continues to partner with public health officials and the rest of the community in limiting the spread of COVID-19. Use this site to learn more about updates, resources, information, and to report COVID-19 exposure.
How to connect with PICS during COVID-19
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, the PICS office is currently closed to the public. We continue to be available and provide services remotely. You can reach us at 651.967.5060 or email@example.com. Our friendly and helpful staff are available to answer your questions from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
COVID-19 Preparedness Plan
Report a COVID-19 exposure by contacting us.
What is COVID-19 and its symptoms?
According to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), COVID-19 is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus that has not been found in people before. The virus is thought to be spread from person to person contact and the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure. Typical symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after exposure. Older adults and people with underlying chronic medical conditions seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
For more information visit the CDC website.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) information and forms
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) is a new temporary rule issued by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to help workers and employers during this national emergency by providing paid leave benefits for reasons related to COVID-19. DOL has provided guidance on qualifying reasons for leave, which can be found on their website below, as well as on the FFCRA Worker Claim Request Form. Benefits under the FFCRA are available beginning April 1, 2020 and end December 31, 2020.
FFCRA impacts employers with fewer than 500 workers. Participants in our FMS program may be eligible to receive these benefits. Workers in the Personal Supports and Respite (PSR) program are not eligible for benefits under FFCRA.
Helpful COVID-19 resources
View our blog post for additional helpful COVID-19 resources.
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website and phone: 800.232.4636
- COVID-19 multilingual resources at the Minnesota Department of Health
- Center for Disability Rights – article for Individuals who utilize at home care workers
- MN Dept of Health website and hotline: 651.201.3920
- MN DHS - Guidance for Facilities Providing Non-Emergency Transportation Services during COVID-19
- MnDOT & MN DHS – Collaboration Providing COVID-19 Positive Client Transportation
- PICS family resources for COVID-19
- The Arc Minnesota – helpful resources and tools for families to support people with disabilities
- Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Resources for People with Disabilities
- State of Minnesota COVID-19 Resource List of Assistance Program
Messages to our PICS Community
June 17, 2020 — Resources in your community (News)
May 6, 2020 — A message to our PICS community (PDF)
April 17, 2020 — A message to CDCS & CSG Representatives: FFCRA Notice (PDF)
April 8, 2020 — A note to PICS Workers (PDF)
April 8, 2020 — PICS COVID-19 frequently asked questions (PDF)
April 3, 2020 — Message to PICS community: COVID-19 update (PDF)
March 25, 2020 — Easily manage your PICS services remotely (PDF)
March 18, 2020 — A message to our Support Planning community about COVID-19 (PDF)
March 17, 2020 — We’re in this together: a message to our community about COVID-19 (PDF)
March 14, 2020 — PICS takes precautions on Coronavirus (COVID-19) (PDF)