PICS Update on COVID-19
PICS is monitoring the coronavirus situation closely. Please check back for updates.
May 6, 2020 — A message to our PICS community (PDF)
April 17, 2020 — A message to CDCS & CSG Representatives: FFCRA Notice (PDF)
April 8, 2020 — A note to PICS Workers (PDF)
April 8, 2020 — PICS COVID-19 frequently asked questions (PDF)
April 3, 2020 — Message to PICS community: COVID-19 update (PDF)
March 25, 2020 — Easily manage your PICS services remotely (PDF)
March 18, 2020 — A message to our Support Planning community about COVID-19 (PDF)
March 17, 2020 — We’re in this together: a message to our community about COVID-19 (PDF)
March 14, 2020 — PICS takes precautions on Coronavirus (COVID-19) (PDF)
How to connect with PICS during COVID-19
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, the PICS office is now closed to the public. We continue to be available and provide services remotely. You can reach us at 651.967.5060 or email@example.com. Our friendly and helpful staff are available to answer your questions from 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
What is COVID-19 and its symptoms?
According to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), COVID-19 is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus that has not been found in people before. The virus is thought to be spread from person to person contact and the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure. Typical symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear two to 14 days after exposure. Older adults and people with underlying chronic medical conditions seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
To prevent the spread of illness, including COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) information and forms
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) is a new temporary rule issued by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) to help workers and employers during this national emergency by providing paid leave benefits for reasons related to COVID-19. DOL has provided guidance on qualifying reasons for leave, which can be found on their website below, as well as on the FFCRA Worker Claim Request Form. Benefits under the FFCRA are available beginning April 1, 2020 and end December 31, 2020.
FFCRA impacts employers with fewer than 500 workers. Participants in our FMS program may be eligible to receive these benefits. Workers in the Personal Supports and Respite (PSR) program are not eligible for benefits under FFCRA.
Helpful COVID-19 resources
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website and phone: 800.232.4636
- COVID-19 multilingual resources at the Minnesota Department of Health
- Center for Disability Rights – article for Individuals who utilize at home care workers
- MN Dept of Health website and hotline: 651.201.3920
- PICS family resources for COVID-19
- The Arc Minnesota – helpful resources and tools for families to support people with disabilities