/ Youth Homelessness /
Safe Place Program
LSS Safe Place
If you need immediate help:
- Look for a SAFE PLACE sign
- Or text ‘SAFE’ and your current location (address/city/state) to 69866 to find the nearest Safe Place location.
Safe Place offers youth younger than age 18 immediate access to services and shelter any time — 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you are lost or in a dangerous situation, suffering from abuse or neglect, having problems at home, with a drunk or unsafe driver, or just need to talk about a problem, go to the nearest Safe Place site.
Look for the yellow and black, diamond-shaped “SAFE PLACE” sign that identifies a safe location.
What Will Happen
- When you get to a Safe Place, tell an employee, “I need a Safe Place.” The employee will find a safe and comfortable spot where you can wait.
- Within 30 minutes, a Safe Place volunteer or youth outreach worker will arrive to talk with you. Safety first! Always ask to see their ID.
- The Safe Place volunteer will work with you figure out what your options are.
- If you need a place to stay, the Safe Place volunteer will take you to a Safe Place shelter. You do not have to go to stay at a shelter — the decision is always yours.
- The law does require us to contact your legal guardian only to let them know you are safe. LSS Counselors will be there as objective third parties.
LSS Safe Place service mission