LSS Safe Place
If you need immediate help:
- Look for a SAFE PLACE sign
- Or text ‘SAFE’ and your current location (address/city/state) to 69866 to find the nearest Safe Place location.
Safe Place offers youth younger than age 18 immediate access to services and shelter any time — 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you are lost or in a dangerous situation, suffering from abuse or neglect, having problems at home, with a drunk or unsafe driver, or just need to talk about a problem, go to the nearest Safe Place site.
Look for the yellow and black, diamond-shaped “SAFE PLACE” sign that identifies a safe location.
What Will Happen
- When you get to a Safe Place, tell an employee, “I need a Safe Place.” The employee will find a safe and comfortable spot where you can wait.
- Within 30 minutes, a Safe Place volunteer or youth outreach worker will arrive to talk with you. Safety first! Always ask to see their ID.
- The Safe Place volunteer will work with you figure out what your options are.
- If you need a place to stay, the Safe Place volunteer will take you to a Safe Place shelter. You do not have to go to stay at a shelter — the decision is always yours.
- The law does require us to contact your legal guardian only to let them know you are safe. LSS Counselors will be there as objective third parties.