Protecting the Financial Security of People with Disabilities
A Pooled Trust is a financial investment tool used to preserve funds that will enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities or identified needs. Establishing a Pooled Trust can help protect eligibility for Medicaid (medical assistance), Social Security Income and other public benefits, while still maintaining assets from other sources.
LSS Pooled Trust Services are available in Minnesota and North Dakota.
Types of Trusts with LSS
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota administers two forms of pooled trusts:
Special Needs - Self-Funded Trust
Designed to benefit an individual with funds received from settlements, retroactive disability payments, an inheritance or life savings while protecting benefit eligibility.
Supplemental Needs Trust - Third Party Funded Trust
Designed to allow family and friends to provide financial gifts or an inheritance to an individual while protecting benefit eligibility.
Trustworthy. Reliable. Experienced.
LSS has more than 150 years of experience serving and supporting Minnesotans. We:
- work closely with attorneys and other professionals
- are knowledgeable about Medicaid and Social Security
- are bonded and insured to protect your interests
- offer comprehensive trust services with low administrative and investment fees
- have a low minimum funding requirement
- have time-tested financial and reporting systems
- have services across Minnesota and North Dakota
Individual funds are “pooled” together for investment purposes, creating efficiencies in administration, increasing stability and financial return and decreasing administrative costs. Individual financial statements are provided.