Personal Finances & Estate Planning
LSS offers a wide range of services to help older adults achieve financial wellness and to protect their financial assets. Our person-centered services are designed to preserve the integrity, independence and well-being of individuals.
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota has the breadth of services and the professional, trustworthy experience to help you with your legal, medical and financial affairs.
Estate Services include:
- Health Care Agency: ensuring your medical care decisions are followed
- Personal Representative of the Estate: honoring your wishes and directives
- Planned Giving: include a gift to LSS in your estate plans
- Power of Attorney: managing your financial and legal affairs
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling: supplement your income with a reverse mortgage on your home
- Supported Decision Making: making your own medical, legal and financial decisions now and in the future
LSS offers a wide range of services to support older adults in achieving financial wellness. These include support that allows individuals to remain living at home, financial counseling on reverse mortgages, credit, budgeting and debt, student loans and more.
LSS Guardians are appointed by the court to provide Guardianship/Conservatorship services to adults who need help making decisions regarding their health care, living situation and/or finances.
The Energy Assistance Program provides an important resource to help income-eligible households manage their utility bills. This service is funded by the State of Minnesota.
Learn the basics on identity theft and how you can protect yourself.
A Pooled Trust is a financial investment tool used to preserve funds that will enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities. Establishing a Pooled Trust can help protect eligibility for public benefits while still maintaining assets from other sources.