Become a Neighbor to Neighbor Companion
We are seeking dedicated volunteers for our Neighbor to Neighbor Companion service in metro and rural areas of Minnesota. You can make a difference in the life of an older adult, share skills, meet new people and have fun in the community.
Neighbor to Neighbor Companions is a bridge to fuller, more active lives for older adults who need a little extra support to continue living at home, stay healthy and remain as independent as possible.
How it works
By visiting an older adult a few hours each week, you will offer assistance with daily activities and appointments, make trips to the community, and be an ongoing resource and friend. We carefully match each older adult with a local volunteer, and visits are scheduled for weekdays during regular business hours.
Volunteer companions receive:
- A monthly stipend of $50/client
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Accident and liability coverage while volunteering
- Recognition events
To qualify you must:
- Have compassion, patience, and respect for others
- Be 18 years or older
- Have dependable transportation, a good driving record and be willing to travel in your area
- Pass a background and driving record check
- Work well with diverse individuals, families, groups and organizations
Get started today!
Contact us to get started and learn more. After we hear from you, an LSS staff member will reach out to answer any questions and help you complete the application process including background and driving record checks.
We look forward to partnering with you – the life you change may be your own!