Laura Skogen, MSW, LICSW
Laura provides counseling for individuals, families, children and youth.
Areas of expertise:
- Advanced training in the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, including exposure and response prevention (Evidence-based practice)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Approved Licensure Supervisor for: Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy (LPC/LPCC) and Board of Social Work (LSW/LGSW/LISW/LICSW)
- Grief and loss adjustments
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Trauma and abuse recovery
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) certified
Laura strives to provide high quality, compassionate care. Her approach is to meet individuals and families where they are and treat them as experts on their own lives. She utilizes practical and research-based models to provide thorough assessment and treatment for a variety of mental health concerns. Laura combines a forthright, curious stance with humor and passionate commitment to maximize the overall health of the people she serves.
“Walking with people facing change is a privilege I feel fortunate to have on a daily basis. Finding the right therapist for you is not a one-size-fits-all proposition; that relationship sets the stage for meaningful change in therapy.”
Laura has been with Lutheran Social Service for 10 years and licensed as a Clinical Social Worker since 1999. She earned a Master of Social Work degree at Augsburg College after earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Boston University. She has developed ongoing interests in community and rural mental health, collaborative treatment of eating disorders, pain management and integrating mental health treatment into primary care.
Laura is a Board-Approved Clinical Supervisor and is the clinical supervisor for Family-Based Services in Otter Tail, Clay, Kittson, Lake of the Woods and Roseau counties.