Carl Shaskey-Setright, MSW, LICSW
Carl provides individual, family and couples counseling for children, youth and adults.
Areas of expertise:
- Abuse and trauma recovery
- Anger management and domestic violence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Board-Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Depression and anxiety
- Family relationships, including parent-child conflict
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Carl utilizes both traditional counseling techniques along with mind/body management to assist individuals in finding balance and self-regulation in a stressful world. He also employs knowledge from his experience as a Tai Chi instructor to identify roadblocks in people’s lives and develop strategies to reach success.
Carl has more than 20 years’ experience as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker. He is trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) which is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for treatment of trauma.
Carl is also a Board-Approved Clinical Supervisor.