Behavioral Health COVID-19 Service Options
We appreciate the trust you have placed in LSS in support of your health. We care about you, our staff and the greater community. We are taking every precaution to minimize exposure to COVID-19 while continuing services that help you maintain strong mental health and well-being.
We are closely monitoring information from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as local and state health authorities.
This can be an especially stressful time as we move through the uncertainty of the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to continue good self-care.
We currently offer video counseling appointments via Telehealth services and are providing in-home, community-based services where needed.
You can now access many of our services, including mental health counseling, from the comfort of your own home through your smart phone, tablet or computer. You can connect with our mental health professionals through a live, completely confidential, video conference. We use a secure online video connection so that you can have a private visit with one of our providers from anywhere in the state of Minnesota.
Please inform us if you would like to connect via Telehealth so we can guide you through the steps for connecting virtually.
Note: Most insurance plans, though not all, will support individual counseling Telehealth sessions. Please check with your health plan by calling the number on the back of your insurance card before setting up a Telehealth session.
We will continue to offer some in-person services through our in-home and community-based programs while do all we can to lower the risk of spreading the virus.
- Sick employees are to remain at home. If your provider is out ill, you will be offered a chance to reschedule. If there is availability with another provider, and you would like to be seen, we would be happy to connect with someone who can see you sooner.
- We ask that you follow prudent guidelines set forth by the MN Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control to help minimize the spread of the virus, including staying home if you are ill.
We are monitoring the outbreak of this respiratory disease via the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MN DHS) websites – where you can also find important facts about the virus – and we have processes in place for maintaining essential services to ensure that you/your loved one(s) remain safe.
In addition, we remind everyone of the importance of prevention and wellness strategies, such as hand washing, staying home when they are ill, and assuring the cleanliness of work spaces, homes and offices.
We have developed plans for maintaining critical services during government-imposed closures, or in the event of disease exposure or diagnosis. Updates will be posted on on this web page, so be sure to check back for any new information.
Helpful COVID-19 Resources
- MN Dept of Health website and hotline: 651.201.3920
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website and phone: 800.232.4636
- MN Dept of Health Coronavirus
- MN Dept of Health – COVID-19 Basics (printable)
- CDC Centers of Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus
- Handwashing Hygeine