Opportunity Corps Navigator
Are you looking for a way to make a positive change in the lives of Minneapolis community members?
LSS Employment Services will be hosting a Minnesota Opportunity Corps Navigator for the 2021-2022 program year!
Unemployment is at an all-time high, so the need for people like you to help bridge the employment gap in Minnesota is greater than ever. Those struggling the most to make ends meet are the least likely to hold jobs with paid sick leave, health insurance, or an economic safety net to keep them afloat during these difficult times.
Opportunity Corps members serve one year making a difference in the lives of individuals with multiple barriers to employment and economic self-sufficiency.
What to Expect
- Support program participants one-on-one and in group settings as they reach their education and career goals
- Receive training in the nationally recognized Global Career Development Facilitator curriculum
- Make meaningful connections with businesses, social service agencies and post-secondary educational institutions
- Get valuable experience working in a social service, non-profit setting
- Receive a paid stipend of $1,100 every two weeks
- Earn an education award of up to $6,345
- Free health insurance and child care assistance (for those who qualify)
- Depending upon your previous experience, you may qualify to be certified as a Global Career Development Facilitator after your year of service
- Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident and a high school graduate (or equivalent standard)
- Willing to commit to a full year of service
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with intermediate computer skills
- Desire to affect systems change at the ground level
- Ability to build relationships and work with people of different cultures and backgrounds
Apply by October 20 to begin the 2021-22 service year on November 8. For more information about the program, full position descriptions, and to apply, visit OpportunityCorps.org or call 866.859.2825. Apply for this position online.