Financial Counseling Intern
LSS Financial Counseling is the largest non-profit provider of financial counseling, education and advocacy in the state of Minnesota. We have decades of experience guiding and educating communities and individuals through personal financial goals and challenges which include: budgeting, savings, debt, foreclosure prevention, student loans, credit and reverse mortgage. We are looking for a reliable and energetic individual that is passionate about financial literacy to fill an internship position.
This position will provide interns with the opportunity to learn from a team of experienced financial counselors about the complex nature of personal finance and consumer advocacy, the importance of community outreach and relationship building, and the awareness of financial scam prevention. This position will also offer hands-on experience working on projects focused on marketing, outreach and outcomes research.
- Contact clients through outreach campaigns and outcomes research
- Assist with marketing and social media
- Attend special events
- Provide administrative support
- Data analysis
- Assist with community projects
- Capture client testimonials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms
- Data confidentiality
- Relationship building
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
This internship is a good fit for students majoring in Communications, Marketing, Finance, Political Science, Social Work or Sociology.
- 15 hours per week for at least 3 months
- Be over the age of 18 or supervised by an adult
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Interns must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and social platforms
Please contact email@example.com or 218.529.2265.