Know Your Score, Review Your Report
You are now able to get your credit report once per year free of charge.
At your request, the three major credit reporting bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) are required to provide you with a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months. (Because of COVID, the three bureaus are now offering free weekly online reports through the end of 2023.)
Why Should I Get a Copy of My Credit Report?
A credit report contains information like where you live, how you pay your bills and whether you've been sued or filed bankruptcy. Landlords, lenders, insurance companies or potential employers may request this information. You should get a copy of your report to make sure the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Knowing what's in your report may also help guard against identity theft.
How Do I Get My Free Annual Credit Report?
You can only access these reports through one central website, toll-free telephone number or mailing address.
To get your free annual credit report, go to annualcreditreport.com or call 877.322.8228.
To submit your request by mail, complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
You may order reports from all three, just two or just one of the credit reporting agencies.
What Information Do I Need to Provide?
You will need to provide your name, social security number, date of birth and all home addresses for the past two years. For security, you may be asked additional verification questions to which only you would know the answers.
How Long Will it Take to Get My Credit Report?
If you request online, you should be able to access it immediately. If you request by telephone or mail, it will be processed within 15 days and mailed to you.
What if I Don’t Understand the Information in My Credit Report?
Once you’ve received a copy of your credit report, our trusted, certified credit counselors can help you make sense of the information in it.
During your free and confidential credit report review, you can expect:
- A complete review to help you read and understand what's on your credit report.
- An individualized plan listing steps to take to improve your credit report and/or score.
- Information on your rights regarding your credit report.
- Specific tools and resources to fix errors on your report.
- Time to discuss any questions you may have.
Understanding your credit score is fundamental to your financial wellness, during the free credit report you’ll gain insights to help you manage your finances.
Contact Us & Get Started
If you would like to learn more about the services we provide or how to start receiving support, please call 888.577.2227, email us or complete our short contact form.
Our free and confidential services are available nationwide by phone or virtually. For in-person appointments view our office locations to find a location near you!
We have counselors who are fluent in English, Spanish and Hmong. Interpretation, Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), and TeleTYpe (TYY) services are available as needed.
Phone, Virtual or In-Person Appointment
Call 888.577.2227 to schedule a phone or virtual appointment at a time convenient for you. Or set up an in-person appointment at one of our Minnesota or Wisconsin locations.
Please note: to limit the spread of the coronavirus, we are currently offering phone, virtual and online appointments only. We will reintroduce in-person appointments at a later date.
Get all your support by email.
To get started:
- Create your financial profile online any time of day with an email address and a password.
- Next, share your financial goal(s) and any other information you believe would assist us in understanding your financial circumstances.
- Then provide the amount of your household take-home income, balances and payment amount for credit card and unsecured debts, and monthly expenses. Click Finish to submit your information. Once submitted, your financial profile cannot be changed or updated.
- Finally, a counselor will email you within two to three business days to provide options and work with you to determine next steps to reach your goal(s).
If you are seeking guidance for student loan debt or housing issues, please call us at 888.577.2227 to schedule a phone appointment.
Please note: we do not provide retirement planning services or investment advice.