Employment Empowerment Class (EEC)
This three-week course can help you gain the confidence, tools and focus you need to get the job you want.
The following courses and workshops are included:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator: Gain a better understanding of your natural skills and personality type, and explore how this relates to your career.
- Networking: 60 to 80 percent of jobs are found through networking. Learn ways to use this powerful tool.
- Applications: It's not just about dotting the “I” and crossing the “T”.
- Resumes: This powerful tool can get you the interview you want.
- Cover Letters: This under-used tool can help you stand out and get the interview you want.
- Job Search: Find the opportunities and the jobs you want. Did you know they are everywhere?
- Interview Preparation: Learn how to overcome nerves and best show employers what you have to offer.
- Mock Interview Practice: Complete an individual interview with a professional who will offer honest feedback and encouragement.
- Thank You Letters: Tips for sending a great thank you letter or email following an interview.
- Job Satisfaction: Learn how to excel at your new job and work toward raises and promotions.
Workshops included in the program:
- Dealing with Overwhelm: Learn how to effectively resolve overwhelm and keep focused on what's important.
- Defining Personal Success: Define what success means to you and your future.
- Defining Personal Values: Discover your values and what they mean to you as an individual.
- Defining Personal Goals: Learn how to create and maintain progress on your goals — big and small.
- Self-Esteem and Confidence Building: Let go of self-doubt and build confidence in your life.
Upcoming 2019 class dates:
- June 3-21
- July 8-26
- August 5-23
- September 9-27
- October 7-25
- November 4-22
- December 2-20
EEC classes take place Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon.
Center for Changing Lives
Training and Education Center (TEC)
2400 Park Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404