Training & Education Center Internship
Employment Services Position Description:
Internship with the TEC (Training and Education Center) working with MFIP Program clients, Dislocated Workers, Refugees, and more.
The TEC (Training and Education Center) works with MFIP Program clients, Dislocated Workers, Refugees and is also open to the community. We offer program participants soft skills training to successfully gain and maintain stable employment. We also integrate workshops within the training addressing personal success, goal setting and self esteem/confidence. The TEC Employment Empowerment Course runs for three weeks each month. The goal of the program is to build and maintain attendance of participants, offer support and assistance and provide real life usable tools that will make a difference for each individual by creating an engaging and beneficial experience for each participant while moving them towards employment success.
The internship position will provide substantial experience in several of the following areas:
- Work in one of Minnesota’s largest social services organizations
- Communication with individuals, organizations and businesses
- Work with diverse populations
- Course preparation and delivery
- Meeting with community organizations and leaders to collaborate programs
- Assist with curriculum writing, revisions and delivery
- Work one on one with participants assisting them with the computer and internet navigation
- Work one on one with participants assisting them with resume/cover letter writing/job search
- Assist with preparation for daily activities
- Lead when the trainer is off-site and maintain order in the TEC
- Prepare rewards and certificates for program completion
- Assist in planning of the monthly completion celebration
- Opportunities for program leadership and development in the areas of volunteer recruitment and creating a sustainable fundraising program
- Special projects
Commitment: 20 hours per week
This internship is a good fit for students who are interested in social work and human resources careers.
The Center for Changing Lives Minneapolis
2400 Park Avenue S.
To qualify, volunteers for this position need:
Be over the age of 18 or supervised by an adult
Submit to a Criminal Background check (more information)
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter about your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.