Church Partnerships & Philanthropy Intern
Engage churches in support of LSS ministries and encourage church partnerships, vital to fulfilling the LSS vision to love and serve the neighbor.
Work with LSS of MN Church Partnerships and Philanthropy to engage Lutheran and ecumenical congregations in Minnesota in support of the mission of LSS and encourage church partnerships, vital to fulfilling the LSS vision to love and serve the neighbor.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
Strengthen the Church Partnerships and Philanthropy social media platforms.
- Assist with editing and producing church relations’ e-newsletter.
- Provide data management support to the Development team.
- Maintain consistent communication with churches and area synods providing updated opportunities to engage with LSS of MN.
- Observe and learn from meetings of various departments and service providers to gain a better understanding of LSS of MN and the nonprofit world.
Interest in church and nonprofit work necessary. Demonstrated research, writing, and analytical skills. Strong communication skills. Evidence of effective independent work skills. Demonstrated self-starter. Strong academic record. Interest in the mission and vision of LSS to love and serve the neighbor.
Intern will gain valuable experience in Development and Church relations. Intern will learn about nonprofit organizations, work with a professional and energizing team, and foster time management skills to meet expected goals. Intern will increase his/her leadership skills and create valuable professional networks.
LSS State Center
2485 Como Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55108
Volunteers for this position need to:
- Be over the age of 18 or supervised by an adult
For more information, please contact Kathryn.Tiede@lssmn.org or 651.925.6082.