Respite Care (In Home)
LSS respite care workers provide short-term, non-medical respite services to care for an older adult (60 years of age and older) in their own home so family members can take some personal time.
“I didn’t realize how tired I had become. Using respite care and getting the break I need makes me a better caregiver!”
LSS offers respite and support for the caregiver and a positive social interaction for seniors needing care.
For more information about LSS Respite Care services or to schedule an in-home appointment, please contact your area coordinator.
Contact information for a respite care coordinator near you >
LSS Respite Care service provides flexible scheduling and is tailored to meet the needs of caregivers.
Respite care provides caregivers:
- A chance to spend time with other friends and family
- Peace of mind to relax, take a nap or enjoy a cup of coffee
- Time to take care of errands such as shopping, exercising, getting a haircut or going to the doctor
- Comfort and peace of mind knowing that your loved-one is spending time with another caring individual
Respite care can be an enjoyable time for seniors to:
- Interact with others
- Participate in enjoyable activities
If caregivers are in need of additional services, please contact your regional caregiver coordinator for information and/or referrals to other needed services.